Speculation by thousands of mental health professionals that Trump likely suffers from malignant narcissism and sociopathy explains in part why the heinous existence of white supremacists doesn’t bother him. It has continued to show indifference to the violent threats that neo-Nazis show towards minority groups. He shows no concern or empathy for people whom he considers useless for his political or personal gain. In 2017, he declared that “there were good people on both sides” after a neo-Nazi march in Charlottesville, where a young woman, Heather Heyer, was killed. Also, during the presidential debate with Joe Biden, he yelled at the Proud Boys, a white supremacist hate group, “back off and wait.”
These are just two examples of statements Trump has made that have emboldened these racist groups to blatantly display their hatred of Jews and black Americans. The former president of a mandate sends legitimizing messages to these groups so that they continue to support his attempt to return to power and enact racist laws. Some of the former president’s Republican lapdogs have continued to spread anti-Semitic comments that align with the white supremacist wing of Trump’s base. For example, Trump supports Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a blatant anti-Semite, conspiracy theorist, and humiliation for the United States Congress.
In Atlantic Magazine, Adam Serwer, author of ” The cruelty It’s the point “ summarized incidences of cruelty led by Trump and enabled by his supporters during the Trump presidency. His policies inflicted suffering on people who, in his opinion, were of no value to him. Examples of the cruelty that has become the face of the Trump-Republican party and its voters are;
- Publicly mocking Chrisy Blasey-Ford’s testimony during her testimony regarding the memory of being assaulted by Supreme Court Justice candidate Brett Kavanaugh in college.
- The separation of thousands of migrant children from their parents without creating a database to help them reunite with their families
- The attempt to repeal the Affordable Care Act that would have left 20 million people without health insurance
- An attempt to ban same-sex partner visas for foreign officials
- Complicit Supporters Chanting “Lock Her Up” Over Hillary Clinton and Christine Blasey-Ford
- Encouraging police officers to cause physical harm to persons in custody who have not yet been convicted of a crime.
- Border patrol agents were seen laughing at immigrant children crying for their families
- Trump aide watched mocking immigrant boy with Down syndrome
- Trump mocks Puerto Rican accent during Hurricane Maria
- Public attacks and attempts at humiliation by Trump towards opponents, the disabled, decorated war veterans and women
- Trump administration bans transgender americans from the military
- Total ban on all Muslims from entering the United States.
- The conscious and politically strategic lie about COVID that contributed to the preventable deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.
Trump has shown affinity with historical dictators by emulating their autocratic rhetoric and racist worldview. As president, he continued his obvious alliance with cruel autocrats by shamefully fawning over North Korea’s Kim Jong Un, defending Vladimir Putin on the American intelligence test of Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections, and failing to confront Saudi Prince Mohamed Bin Salman for his role in the murder. from US-based journalist Kamal Khashoggi. Trump’s refusal to publicly denounce the insurgents, many of whom wore racist and anti-Semitic insults on their clothing, aligns him with groups of people who feel justified in treating other human beings with intense cruelty. Racism and anti-Semitism are synonymous with cruelty.
The most disturbing part of Trump’s pattern of cruelty is the shared enjoyment it generates between him and his followers. The sewers are quoted in the Atlantic as saying:
“Trump’s only real skill is swindling; its only fundamental The belief is that America is the birthright of straight, white Christian men, and their only real and authentic pleasure is cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that unites its most ardent followers, in a contempt shared by those whom they hate and fear.. “