Queensland recorded only one new case of COVID-19 on Saturday, a traveler who returned from hotel quarantine, after it closed its border with all of Victoria at 1 a.m.
In a social media update on Saturday, Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the result came from a total of 14,755 tests in the previous 24-hour period, with 39 active cases remaining in the state.
Despite declaring Victoria a hotspot on Friday, Queensland has so far refrained from doing the same for all of New South Wales as a hotspot, as health authorities were confident that the Sydney blockade, along with testing and wastewater monitoring, they stayed ahead of the virus.
Those who have been to Victoria in the last 14 days will now only be able to enter Queensland with an exemption, along with people who have been to the Greater Sydney, Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour local government areas of New Wales from the south.
Returning Queensland residents will be required to spend 14 days of mandatory quarantine at the hotel.
Several new exposure sites, including Brisbane International Airport, were listed in the state after a new local COVID-19 infection on Friday linked to two potential new groups of Delta strains now numbering four cases: three in one family and probably acquired in New South Wales. hotel quarantine.
As a result, the wearing of masks and restrictions that still persist since the last state quick shutdown were extended in the populated southeastern corner through Friday.
The update also comes as Ms Palaszczuk prepares to depart for Tokyo on Sunday with Brisbane Mayor Adrian Schrinner and Federal Sports Minister Richard Colbeck to make the final pitch for the 2032 Olympics bid. region of.
Palaszczuk has said he would not leave the state if he was looking towards another confinement.
The Morning Edition newsletter is your guide to the most important and interesting stories, analysis and ideas of the day. sign up here.