Home Blog Authorities on alert for mysterious cases, Glenroy cluster grows, 21 new local cases are registered

Authorities on alert for mysterious cases, Glenroy cluster grows, 21 new local cases are registered

0

Loading

“Our teams are aware of the cases and groups that we know about. If we don’t know, we can’t control it. “

A mysterious case reported Friday in Roxburgh Park has now been linked to the Glenroy outbreak.

Foley also urged Victorians to get tested whenever they have symptoms.

“We really need to get those 33,000 [per day testing] number back to that number of 40,000 to help us track those transmission chains, ”he said.

There are now 14,000 primary close contacts connected to the current Victoria outbreak.

Three people are in the hospital and one is in intensive care.

Breakdown of Victoria’s Latest Cases

Of the 21 new local cases announced in Victoria on Saturday, 15 of the 21 cases are related to the Glenroy outbreak.

Of these, two are Glenroy West Elementary School students, one is a staff member, and 10 cases have been found in three homes linked to the school.

One case is a home contact of a student who had previously been registered as a case and the other is a student from a school in Laverton who took a supervised bus for a previously reported Glenroy case.

Three other cases are related to Al-Taqwa College, including a student, a staff member and a family contact from a known case associated with that group.

Two others are linked to the Newport outbreak, in domestic contacts from two different households that are linked to two different players who attended a Newport football game.

The latest case is a family contact for a previously reported infection related to the Caroline Springs Square Mall.

Exhibition sites top 450, added the Royal Women’s Hospital

The entrance to the Royal Women’s Hospital was added as a level 2 exhibition site on Saturday afternoon, bringing the number of places and public transport routes listed by health authorities to more than 450.

A positive case visited the hospital entrance on August 6 between 7.25 am and 8 am, and again between 10 am and 10.35 am the same day.

The hospital was among the five Level 2 exhibits added on Saturday, and the other entrances include a supermarket in the northwest of Melbourne and a child care center in the interior of the east.

Bosisto Street residential apartment complex in Richmond. Workers from the Health Department were seen in the apartment building on Saturday morning in full protective gear. Credit:Luis Ascui

The Bosisto Street residential apartment complex in Richmond, just off Bridge Road, was added on Friday night for an exhibition over a period of nearly two weeks, after a case attended the building.

The complex is listed as a level 2 exposure site between 12 a.m. M. From August 2 and 11:59 p.m. M. From Friday, August 13, which means that anyone who has visited the building during that period must isolate themselves until they test negative for the virus.

Some residents of the complex will be considered Level 1 contacts and will need to isolate themselves for 14 days.

Several stores in Broadmeadows Central, Coles supermarkets in Glenroy and in the Richmond Icon building and Pickford’s Pharmacy in Carlton were also listed as level 2 sites late last night.

Earlier on Friday, health authorities identified the Chadstone Mall in Malvern East as a Level 2 exposure site.

Anyone who has attended the main mall between 4.26pm and 5.40pm on August 7 should be tested and isolated until they receive a negative result.

More self-service vaccination clinics are planned

A day after launching a campaign to vaccinate 1 million people for five weeks, the Victorian government said more vaccination centers would open in Melbourne’s north, west and southeast suburbs.

Mr. Foley said direct access vaccination sites would be created in Wyndham and Whittlesea.

“Drive-ins that have done so well in their first week, like in Melton, will be expanded.”

Friday was a record day for vaccinations in Victoria, with 29,490 doses administered at state clinics.

Traces of COVID detected in regional wastewater basins

Foley said there were new detections of COVID-19 fragments in sewage in both Shepparton and Lakes Entrance in the last week.

Suburbs of interest include Shepparton, Kialla and small parts of Shepparton North and Orrvale between Monday and Wednesday, and Lakes Entrance, Lake Bunga, Kalimna, Lake Tires and Lake Tires Aboriginal Trust Sunday through Wednesday.

Loading

Anyone who lives in or visits these areas and has even the slightest symptoms should immediately isolate themselves and get tested.

In its Daily update On Friday, Professor Sutton said the new sewage detections were significant “as both areas do not have any active COVID-19 cases or current exposure sites.”

NSW to enter statewide lockdown

NSW will enter instant shutdown across the state after it registered 466 new local cases and four deaths on Saturday.

New South Wales Deputy Prime Minister John Barilaro told regional MPs the entire state would enter a lockdown starting at 5 p.m. Saturday afternoon for at least seven days, said a MP not authorized to speak about the topic. Age.

Nationals Minister Melinda Pavey confirmed the statewide lockdown via social media.

New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian had previously announced that the 10-kilometer limit of movement in Greater Sydney would be lowered to five kilometers from Monday.

Foley said the situation in New South Wales was deteriorating daily and only critical end-of-life applications were being approved to enter Victoria.

Foley said authorities had received 12,000 applications from Victorians who were trapped in New South Wales and that between 6 and 7 percent of all applications were being approved.

Loading

Displaced Victorians who have been unable to return home from New South Wales have begun gathering at the Albury Fairgrounds in caravans and tents as they attempt to complete 14 days of quarantine within the “border bubble.”

“I can’t give these people any compromise on what their particular circumstances are,” Foley said.

“As difficult and disturbing as it is to see some of the really heartbreaking cases dismissed, sadly it is for a very good reason. We don’t want to be where New South Wales is.

“We are prioritizing end-of-life and critical healthcare decisions, as I think Victorians would expect us to do.”

Stay on top of the most crucial developments related to the pandemic with the Coronavirus Update. Sign up for the weekly newsletter.

With Cassandra Morgan

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here