Rep Liz Cheney calls Afghanistan collapse a ‘Trump / Biden calamity’ (and people have thoughts) – twitchy.com
The US embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, will be “mostly evacuated” in the next two to three days, as President Biden is issuing severe warnings to the Taliban as they continue to reach the country.
Republican Rep. Liz Cheney, daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, refers to the rapid takeover of Afghanistan by the Taliban as a “Trump / Biden calamity”:
The Trump / Biden calamity unfolding in Afghanistan began with the Trump administration negotiating with terrorists and pretending they were partners for peace, and ends with the American surrender when Biden leaves the country to our terrorist enemies. https://t.co/PQ1i5W6zZt
– Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) August 14, 2021
That tweet is being nominated for the “maybe you should stay out of this” Hall of Fame for multiple reasons.
the man who said keeping the oil in Iraq would not have ruined the reduction in Afghanistan in this way. you know it.
– 🍑 Peaches and Scream (@NewYearsDani) August 14, 2021
Joe Biden is the current president of the United States, Liz. https://t.co/cuUQuVptcV
– kaitlin, lepbet burner (@thefactualprep) August 15, 2021
Oh. Trump is no longer president https://t.co/0RWwbfKJkk
– RBe (@RBPundit) August 14, 2021
No, it started with your dad in 2001.
Any plans for when you get out of office next year?
– Snooze of the blue state (@BlueSnoozeBlue) August 15, 2021
That calamity is your dad’s creation.
Please sit your ass down.
– Deplorable Petr (@PragueArtist) August 14, 2021
This catastrophe has been brewing for twenty years, beginning with the Bush administration, so it will probably be left out.
– Michelle Lamb (@ Michell17512161) August 14, 2021
If I was a Cheney, I’d sit out of it. Really out.
– Tzippy Shmilovitz 🤦♀️ (@Tzipshmil) August 14, 2021
You might want to sit outside of this, ma’am. https://t.co/o5y499lcNp
– ⚾️ María #FlyTheW 🐻 (@ mchastain81) August 15, 2021
And I thought Kinzinger’s tweet was bad. Oh boy. The eternal warrior Cheney does not disappoint. https://t.co/VhYt4yRILL
– Boris Ryvkin (@BRyvkin) August 15, 2021
The blame game is just beginning.